This is a really fun and simple recipe for kids and adults alike! Goes well as a topping for fish, scallops or as a jam for your toast! Make it in advance and keep it in the fridge to use when needed.
- 100g of Streaky Smoked Bacon (of any variety) (finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/4 of an apple (Red or Green) (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoon of Garlic (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoon of brown sugar
Here we Go!
- Add just a tiny drizzle of olive oil into a heavy bottom non stick pan over medium heat.
- To dice the bacon, the easiest way is to use a pair of clean scissors and snip away directly into the pan.
- Spread the bacon evenly so that the browning and crisping happens more quickly.
- Leave the bacon alone thereafter for about 2 minutes but watch the heat carefully so that it does not burn.
- Once it browns, stir well, add in the garlic and the apple, then stir well to incoporate everything.
- Add in the sugar and stir well. Reduce the sugar to 1 teaspoon if you don’t have a particularly active sweet tooth.
- Add in the paprika and stir well.
- Thereafter, stir periodically, every 30 seconds or so, to make sure that everything is combined together and cooked evenly.
- After the sugar has caramelized, this should take about 7 to 8 minutes, remove and place in a bowl to cool.