Following on from the theme of making dressings with jams and balsamic vinegar, I found that blueberry jam works a wonder as well. Again, it goes well with any salad greens but especially with slightly bitter ones such as rocket. It can also double up as a sauce for meat dishes.
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of blueberry jam
- Splash of olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
Getting it done!
- In a medium bowl, add the above ingredients in the same order as the numbers above.
- Using a small whisk, whisk the mixture until the jam is fully ‘dissolved’
- Adjust according to taste (should have sweet, sour and spicy)